On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 22:12:09 +0200
Morten Nilsen <mor...@runsafe.no> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I recently built new RPMs of EFL and friends (the alpha releases) and
>installed them on my desktop computer. I also rebuilt enlightenment
>and terminology.
>
>Things seem relatively OK, except for a couple issues.
>One I reported already, and is to do with the IME of mozc - Though I
>do not know if that is caused by E or not.
>
>The other one, has happened to me now twice in two days;
>
>I leave my computer running, but switch the three monitors off.
>One monitor is a 4K screen, the other two are 1080p
>
>When I switch my screens back on, the 4K monitor is no longer part of
>my screen. The only way I've been able to solve it is to log out of E,
>restart X and then change the primary display to the 4K monitor and
>finally restart E to get my desktops back the correct way.
>
>Is this something that makes sense to anyone? Got any suggestions?

I use three monitors. I do it with the two DVI interfaces on the card,
plus I use an 'active' DisplayPort to DVI dongle on the card's DP. It's
a Radeon 7850 incidentally. I use an xrandr script to setup the
monitors in the lxdm configuration for lxdm, and again
from /etc/X11/Xsession.d/. The DP monitor is primary, and is the center
screen.

Fairly recently - I'd say a month or so ago - usually my monitor on the
dongle, but not always - will not come back on after physically
shutting them down. And, it's inconsistent on how/when it happens. It
has happened overnight when the monitor is still on too.

For me, if I disconnect the USB power interface to the active dongle,
wait a minute, then plug it back in, it'll 'jiggle the handle' and come
back on about 80% of the time. If that fails, and always for the other
monitors when they do it, I need to reboot to fix it (restarting a
bunch of shit would probably do it to). I tried blanking, but that
didn't help. I now simply turn off blanking, and never shut off the
monitors. Yeah it wastes juice, but it's better than waking up in the
morning, and not being able to access my desktop (I never shut my box
off).

I use lightdm as a starting login screen, and if I leave it there
without logging in for a while, the DP always goes down. So, I don't
think this (mine anyway) issue is happening in enlightenment actually,
but something much lower down. There's a lot of hoops being jumped
through between the physical card and e...

Maybe our issues are related somehow?

I'm running Debian jessie@sid, but on the packaged e17.6.

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune:
The trouble with telling a good story is that it invariably reminds
the other fellow of a dull one.
                -- Sid Caesar