On 29/10/14 00:24, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> btw - why turn them off?

Mainly for two reasons;

- I want to have them off when I use the projector that is connected
   via a HDMI replicator to the same port as my right hand monitor.

- Wasting power on a screen nobody is watching rubs me the wrong way.

> just let them blank and auto-sleep?

I don't trust screen blanking - I've had far to many experiences with
jittery mice keeping things awake, plus it's real annoying when you are
watching a long movie - vlc screen blanking prevention seems to not
work.. Also, I just like being in control of when the monitors are on or
off.

> i have nvidia and never have this problem.
> even if i press "power" on my monitors to power them
> off (on nvidia). i can't see your issue

Are you using the latest proprietary drivers? I also updated those
recently, and that may have been the real source of my problems.
Maybe they implemented HPD support or something?

> i have recently seen new issues with screen setup dialog on intel though
> i wish i had the time to dig in.

We all wish we had more time for everything ^_^

--
Cheers, Morten
:wq