Carsten Haitzler ha scritto il 10/12/2017 alle 02:02:
> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 18:06:49 +0100 Massimo Maiurana <maiur...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> I have a different problem with the prefix.
>>
>> I build E using this command:
>> meson --prefix=/opt/e17 . build
>>
>> But both modules and pkgconfig files are not installed in /opt/e17/lib
>> as I would expect, they are installed in /opt/e17/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu,
>> so E doesn't find any module at startup and additional modules can't be
>> built as at configuration stage they can't find enlightenment.pc. I have
>> to move all directories by hand.
>>
>> Is there a way to make it install these files in the right directories?
>
> odd. they don't do that for me on arch. they install in the usual old school
> places. PREFIX/lib/enligntenment/... for modules, PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/... for
> pc files...
>
> has your meson been patched by your distro?

It could be, I'm on debian buster. The current shipped version is 0.42.1
and I see in changelog that something has changed to solve some problems
with multiarch and cross builds:
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/m/meson/meson_0.42.1-1_changelog

I'll try do downgrade meson to see if the issue has been introduced at
some point.

>> Massimo
>>
>> Daniel Kasak ha scritto il 29/11/2017 alle 04:14:
>>> I'm having a small issue with meson and enlightenment. It's ignoring my
>>> 'prefix' option. I'm building like this:
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> export LIBRAW_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libraw
>>> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/e22/lib/pkgconfig
>>> export CFLAGS="-O3 -g3 -march=skylake -ffast-math -W -Wall -Wextra -Wshadow
>>> -Wstrict-prototypes"
>>>
>>> rm -rf build
>>>
>>> meson . build
>>>
>>> meson configure build \
>>>  -Dprefix=/opt/e22 \
>>>  -Dincludedir=/opt/e22 \
>>>  -Dwayland=True
>>>
>>> ninja -C build
>>> ninja -C build install
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> If I cd into the enlightenment source and go:
>>>
>>>  meson configure build
>>>
>>>  ... it says it's recognised the 'prefix':
>>>
>>> Directories:
>>>   Option         Current Value Description
>>>   ------         ------------- -----------
>>>   prefix         /opt/e22      Installation prefix.
>>>
>>> But when I do:
>>>
>>>  ninja -C build install
>>>
>>>  ... it installs into /usr/local/
>>>
>>> If I do:
>>>
>>>  DESTDIR=/opt/e22 ninja -C build install
>>>
>>>  ... it puts things in /opt/e22/usr/local/ ... etc
>>>
>>> I guess I'm doing something wrong. Any hints?
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>> --
>> Massimo Maiurana
>> Ragusa (RG)