On Wed, 9 May 2018 09:29:56 -0700 Marc MERLIN <marc_...@merlins.org> said:

> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 01:12:10AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > > Ok, so basically you are confirming that
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/GFht7beUYWbobxpP6
> > > is a bug in 0.21.11 and that
> >
> > oh wit. now i see it.. as your mouse goes over "Terminal" it focused "apps
> > - ..." ... the pointer should/would focus the window it is over, even if
> > that window is partly obscured by something on top.
>
> Thanks for confirming, as well as the other questions.

i saw the other bits at first with terminal focusing while it was still behind
the main browser window on top and thought that is what you were complaining
about. it was this above instead. got it now.

> > you shouldn't. e is like your favorite browser there - chrome. you cant' use
> > configs too new for the browser (i've hit it before thanks to rsync :))
> > configs are one way upgrades. you could manually downgrade configs. it's
> > possible with some time and effort using the eet tool. but older code
> > doesn't know how to downgrade config from some e version in the future it
> > knows nothing about.
>
> Thanks for confirming. So basically any downgrade, even a .1 downgrade,
> .e will detect it and delete the entire profile. Correct?

no. e shouldnt change config versions within micro versions as it wouldn't be
upgrading config... normally. BUT it may be that a bug fix required a version
upgrade. it is in theory possible. i don't know if this was actually done in
real life during 0.21.xxx ... you'd have to check the commits to the stable
branch to see if any bumped cfg version.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com