On Fri, 11 May 2018 08:43:06 +0900 Florian Schaefer <list...@netego.de> said:

> On 10.05.18 12:04, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 May 2018 09:11:08 +0900 Florian Schaefer <list...@netego.de>
> > said:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> sorry for jumping into the discussion so suddenly. :-)
> >>
> >> On 10.05.18 01:12, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> I'd just like to confirm that I observe a similar behavior here since
> >> some weeks perhaps. I'm currently using efl and e 0.22 recompiled from
> >> GIT on April 22nd.
> >>
> >> Basically I see the same behavior. Interestingly only Firefox (version
> >> 56 in my case) seems to steal the focus from the top windows. And also
> >> only with some applications (e.g. FoxitReader) on top and not strictly
> >> always reproducible. Still, this is really unnerving as I tend to close
> >> my windows using keyboard shortcuts mostly and I always end up closing
> >> the Firefox beneath instead of the intended application...
> >
> > does it still do it on git master?
>
> Yes.
>
> I just recompiled (just to be sure) EFL and enlightenment from GIT
> (master). Behaviour is unchanged: Firefox steals focus from FoxitReader
> window. In that situation the FoxitReader is displayed on top of Firefox
> and the cursor is residing within the Foxit window. My focus settings
> are "sloppy" and "Ignore hint". Interestingly, Foxit regains focus for a
> split second when my mouse curser changed from the main window area to
> the title bar.

hmmm does focus get stolen on click to focus? can you examine to see precisely
what areas the mouse has to go over for this to happen and see if there is a
pattern that matches something else on screen (visible or maybe obscured).

i also am not sure if this also has to do with focus model or clients
interacting with focus by setting focus too... trying to at least narrow it
down to "clients involved or not" or is it simply something geometrical?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com