On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 16:03:57 +0200 minimec <mini...@gmail.com> said:

> Dear Raster.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> > Input should have nothing to do with driver. it's unrelated to any video
> driver (nvidia) code. This doesn't make sense... :/ It's something else.
>
> After having read your reply, I checked my config and startup script and
> found, that I run a modified gnome-session every time I start
> enlightenment. That comes from a time when I used a gnome-panel in my
> enlightenment session. So removing that gnome-session solved my most
> important problems. Heureka!

wow. well... something has gone wrong. maybe gnome-session somehow trying to
grab mouse buttons or remap keys/modifiers ... or something? another problem
wayland solves :0

> So it looks like that gnome-session interfered with the enlightenment
> session from time to time. Still it is interesting to see, that the
> problems only came up, once I started to use the nvidia-396 driver.
> Strange...

yeah/ they shouldn't. video drivers will affect screen setup/output and
rendering... but not input. perhaps at most they change timing and thus race
conditions might appear that then affect input.

> > So the first port of call is to look into if the latest efl + e from git
> master...
>
> A long time ago there was a build script, 'easy_e17.sh' it was called I
> tnink, that checked the project tree for new code and compiled the
> components accordingly. Would such a script still exist? Or what would be
> your recommended way to compile enlightenment from source?

well enlightenment.org provides instructions on efl and e ... even for several
specific linux distributions. :) but you don't seem to need it now, so no
point. we found at least part of the problem (gnome-session and e clashing).