Hi,

you should first debug xdg-...

XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL=2 xdg-mime query default 'text/html'

XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL=2 xdg-mime query default 'bad/wrong' -> to see what files
are read

the enlightenment side is :
    src/bin/e_open.c:116  snprintf(path, sizeof(path), "%s/mimeapps.list",
efreet_config_home_get());

    - efreet_config_home_get()

https://www.enlightenment.org/_legacy_embed/group__Efreet__Base.html#ga6e9d83cdc5955f464ee2eab946c62e06
    $XDG_CONFIG_HOME or $HOME/.config

so on a 'regular setup' everything boils down to : .config/mimeapps.list

On Friday 02 November 2018  23:31, Peter Flynn wrote :
> On 02/11/2018 21:05, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 07:21:36PM +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
> >> xdg-open calls enlightenment_open to open a file with its nominated
> >> handler. On my system, PDFs open with GIMP for some unfathomable reason,
> >> and all my browsers are incapable of calling Thunderbird to open mailto:
> >> links.
> >
> > Settings -> Apps -> Default applications.  Email is in the Core tab.
> > Other cases are listed by mime type in the General tab.
>
> Thank you...as I thought, Email is already set to Thunderbird and
> application/pdf is already set to Document Viewer.
>
> 1. But if I type
>
>    xdg-open foobar.pdf
>
> it opens GIMP (ie behaviour is false, but it's what the applications are
> doing). BTW file -i correctly identifies PDF files as application/pdf
>
> 2. If I type
>
>    xdg-open mailto:pe...@silmaril.ie
>
> a Thunderbird Compose window opens (ie behaviour is correct, but all my
> browsers fail to invoke it).
>
> Is it possible that for [1] something is overriding the file identity?
>
> ///Peter

--- Hell'O from Yverdoom

Jérémy (jeyzu)