Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] enlightenment audio default device issue
  Date & Time: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 09:19:30 +0100

[MM] == Massimo Maiurana <maiur...@gmail.com> has written:

[...]
MM>  > Your package configuration is incorrect.
MM>  >
MM>  > First, the following packages are missing;
MM>  >
MM>  > pipewire-alsa

MM>  Trying to install this it asks to remove the whole pulseaudio installation.

MM>  > pipewire-module-x11

MM>  Not present in debian
[...]
MM>  >
MM>  > What did you decide the configuration based on?

MM>  I've never decided to install pipewire explicitly, it must have
MM>  been pulled in by some other package installation.

I see.

[...]
MM>  > Under the pipewire, at minimum, you will need to install the
MM>  > libspa-0.2-plugins  package, remove the pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
MM>  > package, and then either reboot your computer or restart the PipeWire
MM>  > services, otherwise device connections will fail with "Protocol not
MM>  > available".

MM>  libspa-0.2-plugins is not in the list of available debian packages. Look
here
MM>  for available pipewire packages in bookworm:
MM>  https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=bookworm&keywords=pipewire

I had heard rumors that debian's packages were peculiar, but I am
surprised to see how peculiar they are.

I have no idea why they use the pulseaudio's bluetooth module instead of
the pipewire's bluetooth module.

I mean, I'm thinking that your problem is related to bluetoooth, but I
can't figure out anything from your information.

It seems to me that pipewire is still in the testing phase in debian,
though?

Basically, it is a debian problem, not the enlightenment problem, so
you should ask the debian ML.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                         mail-to: m.nomiya+e @ gmail.com
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       "A bachelor’s degree still holds prestige as a ticket to the
               middle class, but its value has received increasing scrutiny.
               In the last several years, rising tuition and student loan debt
               have led more Americans to reconsider an investment in
               postsecondary education."

                                                        -- Washington Post --