I have been down this road with windows roaming profile folder redirects.

You really really don't want to redirect the user's appdata folder which
contains the firefox profile.  This doesn't work perfectly, in my
experience, some files fail to close on logout, at least with a Samba
server.  I ended up backpedaling out of this.

If it worked perfectly, say OneDrive is somehow much better that CIFS, stop
and think about what happens the first time a user logs on from two
locations with the same profile at the same time.  If they succeed, what
happens when they log out? And then log out form the second profile?

thanks,

Bob

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 1:37 PM Eddie Rowe <eddie.r...@tdhca.state.tx.us>
wrote:

> Our organization has not yet adopted OneDrive, but I have begun setting up
> the group policy to see what it can do.  I do not see a way to specify
> other folders on the PC to backup other than the option to redirect
> Documents, Desktop and Picture.  Unless I am overlooking something I don’t
> believe you can sync things as simply as checking a box in OneDrive.
>

> Just thinking out loud here, but you could have a scheduled task that runs
> when the employee logs onto the PC that copies over items from the Firefox
> profile over to the OneDrive folder structure.  I have setup scheduled
> tasks like this in the past so that PST files were copied to a network
> location so the employee could not forget to backup those pesky PSTs.

Robert Solomon
Facilities Manager
Integral Yoga Institute
227 West Thirteenth Street
New York  NY 10011
p: 212 929 0585 x 25 f: 212 675 3674 c: 914 403 0908
please don't call my landline or fax during the pandemic