Folks,

I see a print option in the File menu in DPP (which is available as a
free download from Canon's website). However, I don't know how good
its color management is -- if it allows any. You definitely want to
use the proper profile for your printer, otherwise, the colors will be
off. Sometimes this may not be noticable, but at other times, the
colors will be way off.

I convert to TIFF from DPP or RawShooter and print those from
PhotoShop. In the Print With Preview dialog, you specify which profile
to use. It's really pretty easy. I use CS, but have seen the
corresponding dialog box in Elements. Elements seems to support
printing with profiles.

Tom

On 5/8/06, Michael Good <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At the risk of looking like I don't have a clue, I have been messing
> around with RAW images in Capture One LE (the demo for the moment).
> These are from a 20D. How do I now print those images? Can't print
> from Capture One. Photoshop Elements won't open .CR2 images. Is it
> that you have to convert to a JPEG first and then export to say iPhoto

> (I'm on a Mac)? Don't you loose info in the conversion and , if so,
> why shoot in RAW?
>
> Thanks  -  John

Can you print them in raw from within Canon's DPP ?

Michael.