Hi Austin,

Glad to see a familiar name on this list. How are you doing?

Peter K

----- Original Message ----
From: Austin Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: eos@a1.nl
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2007 6:11:27 AM
Subject: RE: EOS protective filters

Bill,

> The argument that more circuitry equals a bigger body is disproved by
> the increasing shrinking of digital devices.

Well, no.  The amount of digital logic in, say, an EOS-1V or an EOS-3 is
relatively small, and therefore with respect to space budget, not very
significant.

> My guess is that the
> electronic circuits take up way less space than the mechanical linkages
> of old and today's circuits take up less space than yesterdays.

I suggest you take apart an EOS camera some day, and you'll see what takes
up the space.  The number of circuit boards and components and connectors
and wires and the display in an EOS takes up far more space than any
mechanical linkages etc. from cameras of yore.  There is also the issue of
batteries.

There is an EOS-3 parts manual available on-line in PDF format.  See if you
can find that, and take a look.  It's not like someone left room for a
hotdog in the camera!

Austin