On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:35:00PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> 1) Does providing python-3.4 mean that 3.4 will be the only python every
> provided by EPEL?

On Fedora ew have a python package which points to the 2.7 series and a
python3 package which points to the 3.3 series of python. I think we
should take this solution for EPEL because I think that python-2.7.x is
the standard python version which should not been overriden.

> 2) If it doesn't then how are upgrades from 3.4 to 3.5 to 3.6 going to be
> handled?

I think we need a conservative update handling to avoid incompatibilities
caused due an python update.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt