Hi Dallas,

My comment was in regard to comments about the accident rate as it
relates to whether the pilot has a medical, not whether it was legal
to fly without a medical. I wonder how this has affected the stats?
My point was you don't have to have a medical to fly an airplane, it
is just a piece of paper. Yes you do need it to fly legally. Do these
people who fly without one make the pilots that have one look bad or
do they put them in another category when they state statistics?
Sorry for the confusion.

Kevin1

--- In ercoupe-tech@yahoogroups.com, dallas hewett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I, too, am a sports pilot.  I got my
ticket about 2 years ago and love flying as an LSA pilot.
> I am only a couple of hours away from a private and don't have the
desire to complete it.  Don't need it, don't really want it for the
flying that I do.  I've flown 150's, 172's, and Sportstars and
Tecnams (both LSA).

> I think what started this was that Dan (who's message is not
included in this string about medicals) engendered my response below
about all pilots (and I qualified with powered aircraft, and then
requalified to not include ultralights) needing medicals until the
LSA rating became a reality.

> To which Kevin said that people flew without medicals and licenses
(my paraphrase).

> I then asked (see below) how it could be done legally (my
paraphrase of my message).
> I'm not trying to be cynical, sarcastic, or any other negative sort
of thing.  I truly am curious as to how I could fly legally without a
license or medical in a powered aircraft.  The only way I can think
of is ultralight and was wondering if that is what Kevin is referring
to.