On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:18 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
You misunderstood me a bit, but no matter.
Sorry, I couldn't see how to interpret your proposal otherwise. Let me know what I missed if you like.
Maciej's right, the object identities practically dictate split windows. I suppose the original DOM level 0 could have made the split explicit, but it was not implemented this way at all back in the day. Different browser implementors solved the security and performance problems in similar ways, to preserve the view of the persistent window container as the one true "window object", really a proxy with multiple global objects hidden within it.
The ability to "use lexical scope" (however the syntax turns out) and make the global variables truly lexical bindings in a top-level environment, not properties of some grotty object, is something I look forward to in Harmony:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:lexical_scope /be _______________________________________________ Es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

