Waldemar Horwat wrote:
Douglas Crockford wrote:
Waldemar Horwat wrote:
2) Do we want to permit conforming implementations to extend the JSON grammar that they recognize? This probably could be done by extending the syntax error extension allowance in section 16 to include the JSON grammar. If we allow this then most of the observed variation for the current emerging implementation that we have been talking about would probably be acceptable extensions.

JSON is done. JSON will not be revised. Someday it might be replaced and
that replacement will have a different name and likely a different model.
Chapter 16 should not give a license to fiddle with the JSON grammar.

OK, so we need not discuss any new numeric types any further in committee because it would be impossible to round-trip them through JSON. Do we have agreement on that?

Not necessarily. What we can agree on is that new numeric types cannot impose changes on the JSON syntax.