On Sep 30, 2011, at 2:25 AM, Oliver Hunt wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

>> I <3 this. It beats the (public name, public health) variant in my view by
>> being explicit and not dragging in p-words.
>
> I dislike it as it conflates assignment with declaration.

I don't see assignment at all. If you mean actual parameters bind to formal
parameters as if by assignment, sure -- but nothing in the existing function
head syntax conflates or abuses the = operator.

I do not believe there is any declaration here. This is simply sugar for

  constructor(name, health) { this.name = name; this.health = health; }