Yes, I thought of that -- currently o() throws, so in the best case, there's no impediment to relaxing things to allow o() to call. In the worst case, code that caught or counted on the exception somehow might break.

Mainly the own-only restriction seems less-good compared to how, e.g. proxy traps or accessors are found, via full prototype-based delegation. Are some of these proposed and novel base-level traps better off own-only, in spite of this general rule?

/be