On 10/29/2015 14:20, Claude Pache wrote:

Le 29 oct. 2015 à 19:32, Eli Perelman <e...@eliperelman.com> a écrit :

2 dots may be problematic when parsing numbers (yeah, I know it's probably not
common, but it's still valid):

3..toString()

Eli Perelman

Treating `..` as one token would be a breaking change,

Exactly what existing code would it break?

but I don't think it is a problem in practice, as `3..toString()` would
continue to work.

It would continue to work for the trivial reason that `3..toString()` doesn't
contain a .. token.  It's the number 3. followed by a . and then an identifier
and parentheses.

This is no different from 3.e+2 not containing a + token.

 In some cases – as in `3..toStrign()` –, `undefined` will be produced where an
error was thrown.

No, this would continue to throw an error.

    Waldemar