Hi Andreas,

I think explain not so good my goal.

I write a C application (ethercat.c) that read the position of the motor and send a velocity command.
In this application I use a RTAI contest for the cyclic task.

Now I wanted to realize a scicos block where in output I have the position of the motor and like input the velocity command.

I'm using scicoslab in RTAI contest and I have three ways to procede.

1. I try to use the C scicos (where put ethercat.c) block but when it ask me some lib don't work.

2. Another idea that I have is run ethercat.c and export the data in scicoslab. At this moment I use a fprintf to write the position of the motor on a file and read it from scicoslab. But it is a very bad solution cause fprintf (or use a printf to shell) in rtai contest.

3. In the end I know that is possible create a custom scicos block, writing an interfacing function (.sci file) and an implementation function (.c or .sci file). But I don't understand if my ethercat.c have to become the implementation function or I have to realize the two function (implementation and interfacing) and run ethercat.c.

Very greatings

simone monteleone