Il giorno lun, 26/07/2021 alle 01.46 +0000, Graeme Foot ha scritto:
> Hi Nicola,
>
> The first thing is don't try to configure slaves via the ethercat command line
> utility.  You need to run an application (see the examples folder for various
> example applications).
> The second thing is don't try to manually configure each slave by direct SDO
> calls, there are functions that do all of that for you that you call as part
> of the application.

Hi Graeme,

from a previous answer [0] I got the exact opposite impression, i.e.
that I should configure whatever possible with the CLI and only then do
`ethercat cstruct`. After re-reading, I think I misunderstood what
"pre-configuration" means.

I think you are right though, because there are many APIs with sound
names, particularly the pdo related one.

I will do my homeworks and report back for future reference.

Thank you.
--
Nicola

[0] https://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2021-March/019105.html