Thursday November 9, 2000

There were about 20 people.

There was  4 computers being worked on.

I didn't take many notes so I'm remembering this.

Corey was there.  He was working on his laptop.  I don't know what he was
working on.

Mike was kicking back in a chair smiling contently reading his e-mail on his
cell phone.  He then started to cruise the web with this big grin on his face.
He started reading what it was said.  He was in the Tech Zen moment.

I brought my system in again and Mike fixed a Lilo problem I had.  I have more
than one distro on my PC.  So he put an vmlinuz image of each distribution in
/boot and made a symbolic link to it.  He then edited lilo.conf and reran lilo.
I was able to boot and use each partition.

Ken was working on his machine and is learning linux.  I was reminded when I
fist started using Linux.  I saw the power and kept on working on it.  I'm
better off with Linux.  I know what to expect out of an operating system and
when I have to use windows I know it's not truly multitasking or multiuser.
Now I expect an operating system which doesn't crash and able to use virtual
consoles.

Well Jim showed up and brought up the vote and politics.  We talked about it
for a couple of minutes but it didn't hold our attention long.  I wonder why?

Seth told us the Tivo can have an Ethernet port now.  This could be fun.  A
Tivo server.  I wonder if you could use xawtv or kwintv on a computer on a Tivo
network and access the Tivo box.  Then could you use the network to record more
than one channel since you would have more than one drive?  If  anyone doesn't
know what Tivo is you can read about it with this link.
http://www.tivo.com/what/intro.html
Linux runs under the hood.  :-)

Stacey took more pictures.  Thanks Stacey.

Ralph was there for a  while.

It was an early night.

See you Thursday.

Tim