On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Bob Miller wrote:

> Larry Price wrote:
>
> > Slick Graphical installer, but still managed to bork the X-configuration
> > step (i'm beginning to think I'm cursesed in this respect) so back to
> > Modeline futzing and googling monitor descriptions.
>
> More likely your video card/chip is cursed.  What is it?  I have
> uniformly good luck with an Intel i810, mostly good luck with an
> nVIDIA TnT2, and truly horrid luck with a Number Nine T2R4.

The machine in question has an nvidia card that suse detected properly,
I told it I didn't want to download the binary drivers for hardware
acceleration at that time. It launches kdm at boot time and I get a black
screen ...

I'm reasonably sure that it's a problem with the horizontal and vertical
sync rates for the monitor.

Here's what I've found regarding this at Monitorworld.com

   Model:       PRESARIO 1410
   Max Resolution:       1024 x 768
   Sync Type:       Unknown
   H Freq/ V Freq:       48.4 Khz /