Dave,

When looking for a client, search around for the keyword "sftp".  The
protocol is really ssh2 running over port 22 and has little to do with
the ftp protocol running on port 21.  psftp is a program from the putty
suite.

Jacob mentioned coolftp, but I'm not sure if that is no-cost.  I
mentioned a windows client that is "freeware" but I'm not sure if that
really means no-cost ware or "free speech" ware.

Cory