>>"don't accept domestic donatinos"... WTF?

Actually, they don't "DO" domestic donations. That is, they accept donations (from G3's to "tachyon-based equipment" to "wireless abacuses") from domestic sources but donate to folks in other countries.

Ben Barrett wrote:

D'oh!  I just *read* TFP and noticed that they "don't accept domestic
donatinos"... WTF?  I don't know why not.  In talking to them, I was led
to believe that they did.  Plus, that part of the page appears to be a
graphic, so one cannot cutNpaste those words... annoying, and
badly-designed, considering that they're [self-proclaimed] 'geeks'.

bah!

-Ben

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:22:16 -0800 Ben Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| There is a "Geeks Without Borders" group starting up in Eugene...
| I met them at the Eugene Celebration -- they didn't know about EUGLUG,
| but I traded cards with them and can dig up the local contacts later.
| | Here is the main site:
| | http://gwob.org/
| | Alternatively, the local HeadStart of Lane County has a warehouse for
| donated computers (and monitors) which are slowly recycled into
| K12LTSP projects and the like, around the area. Ken, do you have any
| contact info for them, or know if they're even accepting more
| donations now?
| | ciao,
| | Ben
| | | On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 00:39:22 -0800
| Ken Barber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| | > might be of some use to the community to provide a sort of "Humane
| | > Society" for computer equipment... But entirely free, or close to
| | > that. Could make an active effort to assemble Linux-based
| | > systems, and donate them to those who might need them.

Maximillian Schwanekamp
Neptune Webworks <http://www.neptunewebworks.com>