Rob Hudson wrote:

> My latest idea is to use the 6GB disk that's in there as the /boot,
> swap, and backup drive.  Then the new drive as the OS and web directory
> drive on a PCI card.

In general, it's a good idea to put a swap partition on every drive in
the system.  The partitions don't have to be large, but when the
system has to swap, it needs all the disk throughput it can get.
Also, make sure all partitions have the same priority.

(Admittedly, boxes aren't swapping so much now that a gigabyte or more
of RAM is common.)

    tivopc ~> swapon -s
    Filename                        Type            Size    Used    Priority
    /dev/hda3                       partition       2047744 5476    100
    /dev/hdb2                       partition       1000432 0       100
    /dev/hdi1                       partition       262544  5476    100
    /dev/hdk1                       partition       262544  5480    100

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]