I watched some of the games at WU24 in Perth and my impression was that the
GAs provided helpful support in some of the more difficult situations.  One
of the games where the GA really helped IMO was between Germany and Italy
open teams - where they had an incredible (but also very tense) sudden
death point.  The main benefit - again just IMO - the GA provided was by
*indirectly* helping the teams to keep emotional responses to contested
calls under control, and I think that helped the two teams to play a really
fantastic and dramatic last point.  Congratulations to both teams and the
GAs in that match.

For the folks here that are strongly against the GA programme: did you
watch some of those games in Perth?  What did you think of the impact of
GAs in those games?  Mostly I saw no impact (which is the ideal that the
GAs are hoping for).  And in a few cases I saw a very positive impact.

Si

Si Hill, UK Ultimate
si.h...@ukultimate.com
Tel: 0844 8045949