From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of KevinF via EV
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:22 AM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Vibration

Howdy!

"Pestka, Dennis J via EV" wrote:

> I don't know if this means anything, but let me repeat one thing.
> Under acceleration with torque on the motor and drivetrain the
> vibration is not too >bad. Starts showing up ~ 55 mph. When you let
> off the accelerator at that speed, the vibration gets very bad and
> >gradually goes away as the vehicle slows down to ~ 40 mph.

    Long ago in another lifetime I was a dealership auto mechanic and the first
thing that I would check for vibrations that were a function of weight
transfers and tire loading were the tires themselves. Not so much wheel
balancing as the structural integrity of the tires. Since this can be difficult
to see unless you're lucky the easy test was always to swap the front wheels
with the rear and observe if the symptoms changed in any way. I have found this
procedure to reveal bad tires on several occasions and I've always assumed that
the tire had some type of internal damage or belt separation. It's relatively
easy to check and has saved me from chasing much more complicated problems.

     Good luck!
--
    Kevin Flaherty
    Lurker and EV-wannabe for many years now