The following info is per my master mechanic when assembling a different engine
or motor in a vehicle.

Before removing the original engine, place the vehicle on a level grade at full
weight.

Measure the distance from the transmission yoke to grade and the differential
yoke to grade.  Calculated the angle of the drive shaft.  You could also use a
angle level place on the drive line which will show you the angle.  This is the
angle of the drive line you must retain when changing to a new engine or motor.

Also measure the transmission yoke slip or the amount of travel the yoke slips
out of the transmission while on grade.

Now jack the rear wheels off grade and repeat the above measurements again.
The drive angle and yoke slip will change.  Record this change too.

The drive line angle and yoke slippage should be the same with a new engine or
electric motor installation.  You will note in some vehicles, the transmission
cross member has a slut while the transmission yoke clearance can be adjusted
for maintaining the same amount of slip that is use in different prime movers.

Some of the guys had a problem with vibration and  scrapping, because they had
there drive line in a straight line or at not at the original design angle.

The reason for the drive line angle, is so the needle bearings in the U-joints
will rotate.  If the drive line is too inline, then the needle bearings will
wear a flat spot, causing the drive line to buckle or try to misalign.

In some transmission drive line assemblies, you will note there may be a
balance weight welded to the drive line near a yoke.  Make sure if the yokes
were replace or had the drive line shorten, the balance weight is place in the
same position as before either at the transmission end or at the differential
end.

Roland