Notably, the most popular Solar inverter (which I have installed several
times at homes in the neighborhood) is the 2.5 kW SMA Sunnyboy.
Reason it is so popular is not only because it is an efficient
(transformerless) grid-tie inverter, but also because it has a switch
and a NEMA 5-15 (standard wall outlet) plug. If during a power outage
the inverter can't deliver power back to the grid, then throw the switch
and plug devices like fridge and cellphone charger directly into the
solar inverter, which then is operating as stand-alone 110V 15A
inverter. There is no battery backup of course, so you only get power
while the sun is beating down on the panels, but this allows you to
"survive" a power outage and it is apparently appreciated by the new
owners.
Personally, I have bought a cheap 110V 3kW inverter ("batteries needed")
at the DC voltage of my EV pack, so that I can connect the inverter to
this huge energy source and have power for whatever I like to power up
in my home. Or I can drive to whereever the power is needed and use it
there.

I also noticed early Silverado hybrid trucks being promoted as "having
110V AC power outlets for your convenience and work needs". In the bed
of the truck was an outlet to plug into (probably for tailgate parties).

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist