One of the reasons that I am very excited about the new crypto payment
methods - the idea of a ledger "block-chain" protected by cryptography
and distributed (copied) among thousands of locations is secure but it
does not support the virtual monopoly that banks have created for
themselves.
Everyone can use it, independent from location, background, ... to store
and send money almost instantly to any locatoin where there is internet.

But let's get back to EV technology - I plan to increase the max
charging rate on my truck, so it can charge faster from 240V. I have
already made a J1772 compatible cable that will trick the EVSE to
deliver power and it even tells the EVSE to stop charging as soon as you
press the button on the handle. But my current charger cannot do more
than about 2kW so charging time is almost as slow on 240V as on 110. On
top of that, many J1772 EVSE are connected to 208V and at that voltage,
my charger is actually slower than when plugging into a 120V outlet.
So, I will add some power supplies modified with current limit, to act
as chargers in addition to the existing charger and these will only run
when plugging into 240V. I will keep my NEMA 5-15 plug on my vehicle, so
that I can litterally charge anywhere, greatly extending the range and
utility of my truck.

Regards,

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist