Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
It was a rude awakening to me when I realized that all the Greatness of an
EV to solve all our problems does not apply to congestion...

How about if the EV is Rick Woodbury's Tango (see www.commutercars.com)? This is a car the size of a motorcycle; 1/4th the size of a normal car. It seats two, is fully freeway capable, and has met NHTSC crash standards. You can legally "lane split" like motorcycles (driving two abreast) in most states. potentially doubling the capacity of highways. Four can park in a normal car's parking place, greatly expanding parking.

--
If you would not be forgotten
When your body's dead and rotten