It's a shame that the news piece mentioned a PHV here.  That creates a
negative association in the naïve reader's mind.

Right now, all we know for sure is that some guy's garage burned.  It could
have been the car or the charger or the charger wiring, but there are
countless things that can cause garage fires.  Presumably the investigators
will figure it out.

Maybe I'm hypersensitive about this, but I think that mentioning the Volt
was something of a cheap shot for the paper.  It implies blame, and it's
hard to avoid seeing it as playing on the public's fear of the new and
different to sell the news.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator