Klaus,

I am sorry you are wrong.  It is pretty clear if you drive hard on over
inflated tires that you have far less traction.  In an emergency - such as
when raining you will slide and hydroplane more easily.  There is not a
constant, or linear function between pressure on the road and control.

Under normal rolling there is no motion at all of the tire on the pavement
- except the rubber squirms around on the road as the rubber is pressed and
lifted from the road - it is a situation of static friction.  If you have
less material in contact, then side loads overcome the static conditions
and kinetic friction reigns which is at least an order of magnitude less.

When a tire is sliding it is a very dynamic situation with the tire
rippling and gripping and releasing, in a complex and changing manner.  You
can regain control ONLY because static friction is reasserted.

Because there is such a difference in between static and kinetic friction
the transition can be violent.

A good handling car tire, holds the tread on the road so that it can exist
in a dynamic function where some of the contact patch is slipping and some
is static.  The squealing you hear is the sound of this - some of the tire
is always gripping - some is slipping when in the boundary condition.  You
can seriously mess this up by inflating improperly.  Highest efficiency is
always at odds with safety and controlled handling during spirited driving
or emergencies.

One primary detriment to control is the tire being very tight and
inflexible - over inflated.

​There is a lower limit also where the rim is holding a tire whose
structure is no longer stable - it is wrinkling and hopping instead of the
tire staying flat (deformed properly) as designed to do.

Mike