There's definitely a huge reduction in consumption when I drive at a steady
~30-40mph in traffic compared to 65mph+. Some days, when the charger fails
me, I pray for traffic so I can make it home.

Surface streets with all the stop signs and lights however don't reduce my
consumption nearly as much.

My car is the reciprocal of yours but the physics remain the same.

Of course, if you have very high tear loads then the longer run time will
cut into any reduction in miles per kWh.

Do you run 4wd? A miss-match in tire size could cause high losses.

www.electric-lemon.com