From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of corbin dunn via
EV
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:51 PM
To: Lee Hart; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Turning over a new Leaf...

On Dec 12, 2014, at 9:07 PM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Hi Cor,
>
> Our 2001 Prius has now become my son's car. At first, he hated the
Prius as a "geekmobile". But now that he's working and paying for his
own gas, it's become "his" car. :-)

> So, I bought my wife a Nissan Leaf. She loves it! We got a good deal
on a 2013 model, at the end of the month when the dealer are desperate
to sell.

> Being that this is Minnesota and not California, there are no public
charging stations within range. The only place with anything but 120vac
outlets is the Nissan dealer. So we've been "making do" with just the
120vac level-1 cord that the car came with. That's pretty s-l-o-w...

> I have 240vac in the garage, but Nissan wants a fortune for their
Level 2 cord. You mentioned that you have some older Avcon charging
stations? What would it take to convert one of these to charge a Leaf?

Don't convert the older Avcons..they aren't worth it! Eventually the
contactors burn up or some other problem will happen. You should just
get the JuiceBox.

-corbin