Solar Thermal makes no sense anymore.  Compare 70% efficiency (ONLY 5
months of the year) for a net of 29% to:

PV that is 18% year round AND when used to drive a Heatpump with a COP of
2.5 gives a net "efficiency" of producing "45%" HEAT.

Or look at it this way.  Every single day that your house is not using 100%
of every BTU available, you are losing solar energy that could be
generating electricity at full market rates!

RELATED TO EV's, that's why EV's are adding heatpumps instead of resistance
heat.

Bob, WB4APR