Glen Hoag via EV wrote:
AFAIK, all rural carriers use their own vehicles these days. Around here, some
are still using ex-USPS Jeep DJ-5s, though most have been replaced by newer
vehicles.

Around here, they all switched from private cars to postal vehicles a good decade ago. There were debates at the time about safety. People using regular cars had to sit on the passenger's side (to reach the mail boxes), and drive with only their left hand on the wheel and left foot to (barely) reach the accelerator and brake. Can't reach the turn signals, so they weren't used. That led to accidents.

Today, I don't know what the Post Office's policy is nationwide. Does anyone have a mail carrier that uses their personal car?

--
We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves.
        -- George Matthew Adams