On May 6, 2015, at 9:13 AM, Mark Abramowitz via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Presumably more choices will mean more cars. One size never fits all.

And there's another factor. Our market is capitalistic, yes, but far from an
actual free market. This is a good thing; monopolies are an inevitable result
of a free market, and monopolies are bad for everybody but the monopolists.

But that means that we wind up tipping the scales in various ways. We've tipped
the scales an awful lot in favor of ICE vehicles, so it's only fair to tip the
scales a bit in favor of electric vehicles as well.

It's only taken a very little bit of said tipping to create huge successes for
electric vehicles, which should be a rather good indicator that electric
vehicles are superior to their ICE counterparts. The rational thing would be to
keep tipping those scales until the electrics are no longer at a relative
disadvantage compared with all the support ICEs get.

Again...anybody else remember the automotive industry bailout, or the trillions
we spend on wars overseas primarily in strategically critical oil-producing
regions? If a few piddling little compliance laws can do what they've done in
the face of that huge advantage ICEs get, imagine what it'd be like "all else
being equal."

b&