On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 5:15 AM, EVDL Administrator via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2015 at 5:49, Paul Dove via EV wrote:
>
>> Skip the BMS
>
> Don't.

Do!

But do your homework and don't blindly listen to the "you have to have
a BMS!" crowd or the "you should never have a BMS" crowd. Do your
homework, very carefully. Do your own "playing around" with the cells
you are going to use. See what others' results are with the same
cells. Check out the theory on that particular chemistry. And
definitely look for success stories and failures with those cells and
BY ALL MEANS get all the info about the situation. Remember, several
on this list told me that my pack would be out of balance quickly and
ruined. Four years later that hasn't happened. No cell level BMS, only
a Batt-Bridge like device. Remember, LiFePO4 cells have no self
discharge mechanism so if you have one that self discharges it is
defective. Lithium isn't lead acid.

--
David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328