Here in BC I don’t think we have the must peddle requirement.  I see lots of
scooter
or moped like vehicles that have vestigial pedals mounted far to the back where
they
are out of the way of your feet.  These are often removed after sale leaving
basically
and electric scooter.  There are a lot of ‘real’ e-bikes as well but these
light weight
electric scooters also share the moniker ‘e-bike’ but are physically more like
a moped.

Lawrence