On Oct 19, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Don't forget that there is a huge percentage, 30% to 50% depending on how you
> measure, who don't have consistent access to dedicated off street charging.

Almost all those people are apartment dwellers. And I think it's safe to
suggest that, before long, it'll be as difficult to find apartment complexes
that lack 110 outlets for residents in their already-designated spaces as it is
today to find apartment complexes lacking cable (etc.) TV and Internet access.

The remainder are going to be those in places like San Francisco where
on-street parking is the only option, and where there aren't enough on-street
spots to begin with. That represents a very small fraction of the population --
but also a rather affluent fraction. I'll bet you a cup of coffee that parking
meters with chargers become the norm in such places.

Between those two groups, plus the overwhelming majority who already have easy
access to an overnight plug...that's everybody. Maybe except for the homeless
living out of their cars -- but, for better or worse, that demographic isn't
going to be considered in these matters.

There will be fast-charging stations along the freeways, mostly at existing
truck stops and the like. There will be some convenience stores that have a
fast-charging station near the gas pumps. There will never be the density of
fast-charging stations as we currently have for gas pumps -- nowhere close.

b&