Bob Brant's book does a good job of helping work through the power and energy
requirements and lining them up with EV components.  It really does pay to get
a system and parts that meet your requirements, but without too much extra.
Otherwise your conversion could cost as much as a Tesla.

The other book I have is called Convert It by Mike Brown.  It is somewhat
dated, but does a good job of covering some of the"nuts and bolts" of the
conversion and wiring.

Finally, I think good value can be had from using parts from production EVs
such as Leaf.  Batteries, motors, and controllers are all available pretty
cheap.  Of course, getting them to work can be a challenge.

Mike