In my garage I have marginal quality outlets: over 30 years old so prone
to corrosion. In fact, I have already opened one outlet and scraped the
gunk off of the wire which was stabbed in the back of that outlet which
became hot while charging from an outlet further down the string, and
re-attached that wire under the screw as it is supposed to be.
The actual 12 gauge wiring appears not to be the problem, even though it
is about 80 ft from service panel to the outlet that I am charging from,
but my concern with the quality and durability with the outlets have led
me to use a short heavy duty power strip/extension cord that stays
plugged into the outlet permanently and I plug and unplug my EV from the
power strip.
Already one of the outlets of the power strip has failed, but it has 6
so I have some time to go before wearing them out and then I can always
get another power strip and repeat - without wearing out the wall
outlet.
Oh and the power strip is a metal box with 3 standard duplex outlets, so
I can even replace those outlets in the power strip if I want.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.