Im sorry again, but this is simply not true when expanded to WIRE LOSS.

> No; AC voltages and currents... (Root-Mean-Square).
> RMS voltages and currents have the *same* effective
> values, voltage drops, and losses as DC. 120vac and
> 120vdc are completely equivalent.

Yes, as far as VOLTS and as AMPS as averages are concerned.  Such as
average power.  A 1500W resistor will be 1500W whether on DC or RMS AC.

But the power loss in wires feeding that resistor will have greater loss
on AC because of two factors important in distribution systems:

1) SKIN EFFECT where the AC current is pushed to the outside of the wire
so that not all the wire is carrying the same current.  Thus the wire is
not as effective since not all of its copper is being used in an AC system

2) Peak power losses.  As you note, the RMS current  is the same, but the
PEAK current is 1.4 times higher during the peak of the waveform and since
that is where the most power is delivered that is also where the most loss
occurs in the wire.  So the average power lost in the wire for AC is
almost twice (1.4 squared) the loss in the same wire at DC.

Google it...

That is why the entire industry is looking at DC transmission lines now
that we are finally getting to the point where the up and down conversion
is becomming cost competitive with transformers...

Bob