I have by no means kept up reading papers on
Li developments, but this sounds purely speculative. I have never seen any
testing indicating this (exactly not this, is more like it). I can't
imagine what about this hypothesis syncs up with how
Li cells work. Sounds like a conflation with some other non-lithium cell.