I'm not sure what true SOC the Leaf charges to and calls 100% but on my
2016 Kia Soul EV+ 100% on the display corresponds to 95% from the BMS. The
two displays agree at 25% SOC and below that the display SOC is lower than
actual. If the relationship is linear then 0% SOC on the display is about
1.7% SOC on the BMS. So, when I charge to full it really isn't full. I
still only charge to 80% which is about 76.3% in reality unless I need the
extra range.

It is entirely possible that Nissan also does something similar and maybe
increased the difference between actual SOC and displayed SOC.

FWIW, after 14 months and over 22,500 miles, mostly the I-5 corridor of
Oregon and Washington, the BMS reports the greatest cell degradation at 10%.

Does the Leaf BMS report a similar number?

--
David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328