I did some further investigation of this.

I am NOT seeing the extraneous glop on the end of the URL which Bruce
describes in the status bar of the following browsers: Seamonkey 2.33.1,
Firefox 45.0.2, Opera 12.16, and Midori 0.2.2.

I AM seeing the ";cid=" junk in the status bar of the following browsers:
Chromium 27.0.1421.0 and QTWeb Portable 3.7.3.

I expect that Safari, Chrome, and newer versions of Opera (all Webkit-based
browsers) would act like the latter two browsers.

Oddly, when I view the source of the page in ANY browser, this garbage
doesn't appear in any of the links.

I suspect this junk is being generated in the browser by a tracking script
on the Nabble server. Speculation here, I admit, but maybe we normally
wouldn't notice it but for the fact that someone at Nabble has accidentally
introduced a bug into their script.

I'm under deadline for a project right now and can't spend any more time on
this tonight, but I'll look into it later this week.

In the meantime, here are a couple of things you can do.

One is to use a Mozilla based browser at the Nabble archive.  Mozilla seems
to strip off the garbage after the semicolon.  (I think.)  Webkit browsers
such as Chrome and Safari apparently don't.  (I think.)

Or, be safe and just don't click directly on any links in a Nabble post.
Instead, highlight and copy the link text as displayed, open a new browser
window or tab, and paste the link text into the URL field on the new
window/tab.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator