From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Cor van de Water via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:14 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EV Start Up

Robert,
(1+2) All factory EVs and conversions that I have seen have an ACC key
position.
This position typically does the same as in an ICE: it does not power up
the drivetrain, it only enables some 12V loads such as radio, lights and
cig lighter to name a few, but the aux battery is not charged and
extended time spent in ACC mode will run down the aux battery.
You could modify the ACC mode to engage a relay that powers a battery
charger (off the main pack) to recharge the aux battery. You shift the
risk from running down the aux to the main pack.
AC or heater are typically not enabled in ACC

In case I mis-interpreted your question: if you want to know if the main
pack can be charged in ACC mode then yes - main pack charging is
typically possible in ALL vehicle modes except when "Ready to drive".
Even if the car is off, if you plug in the charger it will typically
power up enough of the car to charge the main pack and also keep the aux
battery maintained.
Some cars allow heating/cooling of the car (even remotely controlled)
and this is very useful when already plugged in to charge the main pack.
Car does not need to be in ACC mode to do this for the production EVs
that have this feature. Conversions typically need to be "Ready" before
allowing heating or A/C.

(3) Since the inverter is not powered in ACC mode, you do not depress
the brake. In fact, *not* braking while pushing the Power button is how
you put the car in ACC mode. If you brake and push Power, then the car
starts to "Ready".

(4) I don't know for sure, it makes no sense to apply 12V to the
inverter when it is not used, so I expect not.

(5) No
(6) Yes
(7) What do you mean separately? The software runs through a list of
checks. Anything that does not check out and is worthy of reporting gets
reported, so the reports are typically coming in one after the other but
due to the speed of the software, it may appear to the human eye as if
they all happen at the same time. Most reports are not for immediate
diagnosis anyway, just to give a go/nogo indication and then you can
connect a tool to browse through the reported issue and read them one by
one and deal with each one.

Hope this clarifies,

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com
Proxim - Wireless Broadband, Backhaul Solutions and Access
...<http://www.proxim.com/>
www.proxim.com
Proxim Wireless offers licensed and unlicensed point to point, backhaul,
bridge, point to multipoint, wireless broadband and wireless access points.

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.