You can also get heating pads designed for lead-acid batteries - these tend to be rugged and acid proof.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I8VL16/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=ECZS9XXRJF00&coliid=I1DAV5PWDDSP7T

Cheers, Peter

On 4/9/17 9:07 AM, ROBERT via EV wrote:
Why re-invent the wheel.  I have some aircraft NICAD batteries.  They have a
heating pad in each battery box and a thermostat.  Each battery box has a inlet
and outlet for forced air circulation.  Just buy some of these heating pad.

________________________________
From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Cor van de Water via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2017 6:29 PM
To: Marco Gaxiola; Electric Vehicle Discussion List; Jukka Järvinen
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Electric compressor for EV+Battery heating (heat pump)

Marco,
If you are concerned about battery temp in summer, then you can always
Add a fan that pushes air into the box and an exhaust with self-closing flap
At a high (warm) point that will let air out when the fan pressurizes the box.

What others have found is that you try to balance the amount of insulation
Such that the pack will stay warm enough long enough, but not as much insulation
That it will overheat easily, so essentially you need to estimate how much heat
You produce charging and driving and then size the insulation value accordingly.
If this gives an unrealistic solution then active heating (resistive typically
on
Shore power only) and possibly active cooling (just blowing ambient air through
The box, typically, no A/C for batteries please, we don't need a new EV1.

Hope this clarifies,
Cor.