On 05/06/2017 07:00 AM, paul dove via EV wrote:
That depends are the vehicles ability to regenerate as well. I believe my miev
will only regen at 100 amps but I could burn more than 100 amps going up
depending on my speed.

More relevant is whether the regen will slow you enough. Or will you be forced to resort to friction braking. I don't live in hilly country but I haven't seen a slope that max regen would result in increasing speed.

I've done some conservative regen tow charging with an imiev. I chose the mid level regen for about 50 mph towing which gave me mid-level regen power. That resulted in an increase of about 50 miles of range in about 30 miles of towing.